Friday, March 23, 2018

CAROLYN'S GUACAMOLE

Guacamole! Classic recipe and not too difficult. I wasn't sure when faced with mayo vs. sour cream which to pick, but I'm more used to sour cream being a bedfellow to guacamole in such things as seven layer dip so I went that route. And I just blended it with a fork. Pretty cool grindable garlic salt that they sell at Trader Joe's, by the way. TJs had to discontinue their delicious 5-layer fiesta dip due to food contamination concerns, which was very sad for me as I had been known to eat an entire container of it. It's a contentious issue, but I'm of the belief that a dip needs no more than 5-layers.

This guacamole features in a sandwich later in the book, in a recipe also submitted by Carolyn, a family friend and all-around cool person. More to follow about her, as she submitted several recipes to the book.

I used slightly unripe avocados for the recipe, but after tasting it my daughter took over and added onion and garlic salt until it tasted more regular. Aha, I tricked her into participating!

The results: really good! 5 out of 5, if I had used riper avocados I reckon.

Kids rating: son's not a fan of the avocado, so he didn't try it. But my daughter thought it was very tasty.

Wife rating: she thought it was very good though it did seem too light in color. This probably was due to the avocados.

Do I remember this from childhood? Did I eat guacamole as a child? Sadly, a question that I don't know the answer to.

Ok I could've worked a little better on the presentation . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stymied by Samosas

So the next recipe stumped me and effectively made me abandon this project for awhile. It's SAMOSAS, which I love, but I was having a ps...